What is a Midwife?

Midwifery is the term traditionally used to describe the art of assisting a woman through childbirth. In the modern context, this term is used to describe the activities of those health care providers who are experts in women's health care including giving prenatal care to expecting mothers. They attend the birth of the infant and provide postpartum care to the mother and her infant. Practitioners of midwifery are known as midwives, a term used in reference to both women and men (the term means "with woman").


Monday, September 3, 2018

GYROTONIC® and the perinatal period

What is GYROTONIC®

GYROTONIC® is a system of movement designed to expand the flexibility and strength of your core and whole body. It uses counter weights and movements that are designed to expand the body's reach and unwind to relieve stress, tension and promote physical and emotional wellness. Using breath and movement to achieve strength and flexibility. A foundation practice to enhance your bodies ability to maintain health and flexibility. The exercises reduce the pressure in the joints in a circular motion. 

During Pregnancy the pregnant person's body is expanding to support the baby as it grows and the body is designed to adjust, however there are normal physiologic changes that can be uncomfortable. Movement and breath helps keep the body in harmony to prevent physical ailments that can cause discomfort and immobilize. The movements are designed to increase expansion of the lungs and improve cardiovascular health and blood circulation thereby decreasing some of the common issues that can cause issues in the last part of pregnancy like swelling and varicocities. 

GYROTONIC®  system is a three dimensional exercise that are often performed seated, which allows many people to be able to perform the exercises easily. This makes it an ideal choice for pregnant women. The increase in blood circulation helps prevent swollen legs and varicose veins, energizes the body to combat fatigue, and helps to relieve the constipation that’s often associated with pregnancy.  GYROTONIC® is also taught one on one so that the instructor trained in prenatal GYROTONIC® can adjust the exercises to not only fit each individual mother, but each stage of her evolving pregnancy.


As a Midwife RN, I have worked with pregnant women since 1990 and find that I can assist the clients that I work with to be much more prepared and ready for the challenges of birth and mothering when we can also incorporate movement and breath in the work we do together both prenatally and postpartum. I have always been an active person but I never liked traditional exercises much. I found GYROTONIC® about 5 years ago and have been so very much changed by my journey to become an instructor, that I want to share with the women I work with and others as well.

https://www.artofnursing.net/doula-care/#gyrotonic

2 comments:

  1. HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL MEDICINE HELPED ME GET RID OF MY 3 YEARS HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. Hello everyone my name is DONALD am from the united states i have been suffering from (HERPES) disease since 2016 and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Imoloa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is, if you have such sickness or any other at all like hepatitis A,B,C,CANCER,HPV,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES 1 AND 2,SMALL PENIS PROBLEM ,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYPHILIS, WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT AND many more ....... you can email him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. Sir, i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be grateful for the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Imoloa has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr.imoloa for bringing back happiness to my life again. thank you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has actually done for me i pray to you all for a good life and good health, and most especially to you Dr. imoloa Thanks

    I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctors, few months ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the cure of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr imoloa and she drop the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me. I am now here to testify that i am no longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com, you can still reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098
    CANCER
    EPILEPSY.
    GENPILENCIN.
    HIV AIDS.
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    BREAST ENLARGEMENT...PENIS ENLARGEMENT, H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS HERPES. SYPHILIS. HEPATITIS A B and C.

    ReplyDelete